What type of investments would be available to Club members?
Our focus is value but includes most classes of companies’ capital structure except Seed or Venture capital.
- Equity: Public & Private Equity in support of growth, accretive acquisitions & open market value opportunities. Could include preferred or convertible instruments
- Debt: First Lien, Hybrid, Mezzanine or Bonds
- Real Estate: Specific Projects
Who can be a Co/Investor Club member?
A Co/Investor Club member:
- Is an active investor willing to invest along-side best in class lead Investors
- Is willing to share investment ideas with the club & expertise where relevant
- Enjoys networking with peers
Some opportunities will only be for Accredited Investors, but not all.
What is an Accredited Investor?
Under the Securities Act of 1933, a company that offers or sells its securities must register the securities with the SEC or find an exemption from the registration requirements. The Act provides companies with a number of exemptions. For some of the exemptions, such as rules 505 and 506 of Regulation D, a company may sell its securities to what are known as “accredited investors.” The federal securities laws define the term accredited investor in Rule 501 of Regulation D as:
- A net worth of at least $1 million (excluding the value of their primary residence), or
- An earned income for the past two years of at least $200,000 (or $300,000 with their spouse, or equivalent).
- “Certain professional certifications, designations or credentials or other credentials issued by an accredited educational institution, which the SEC may designate from time to time by order,” including holders in good standing of the FINRA administered licenses: Series 7, Series 65, and Series 82.
For more information about the SEC’s registration requirements and common exemptions, read our brochure, Q&A: Small Business & the SEC. http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm
Is there a minimum investment?
Some investments will have a minimum, but our goal is to syndicate with other Club members.
Who analyzes investment opportunities submitted by Co/Investor Club members?
Co/Investor Club is powered by Avenel Financial. Avenel’s Analysts evaluate investment opportunities when submitted by Co/Investor Club members.
Our presentations and newsletters express the views of the author(s) as of the date indicated, and such views are subject to change without notice. Avenel Financial Group (“Avenel”) and its related entities, including but not limited to Co/Investor Club, have no duty or obligation to update the information contained in such presentations. The presentations, newsletters, and related information are distributed and made available for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be used for any other purpose. The information included in such presentations does not constitute and should not be construed as an offering of advisory services, or an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any securities or related financial instruments in any jurisdiction. Certain information concerning economic trends and performance is based on or derived from information provided by independent third-party sources. We believe that the sources from which such information has been obtained are reliable; however, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information and have not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of such information, or the assumptions on which such information is based. Avenel, its affiliates, and its employees may hold shares in the companies discussed in the presentations, newsletters, and related information it distributes, and may in the future buy or sell shares in those companies.